Haven’t written here for a while, but I would like to start blogging some of my favorite paleo recipes that I’ve created and/or modified. This was tonight’s successful experiment. This is a recipe suitable for 4-6 adults.
- 5 links uncured spicy italian pork sausage
- 2 heads cauliflower (1/2 of one head roughly chopped)
- 2 cups homemade chicken stock
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 2 Scallions diced
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil or coconut oil
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Crushed red pepper to taste
Follow these steps:
- Place 1 and 1/2 heads of cauliflower in a pot of water to boil on the stove.
- Heat the oil in a large sauce pan to about medium heat. Remove the casing from the sausage and add it and the chopped half head of cauliflower to the pan.
- Saute the sausage and cauliflower until the cauliflower is a golden brown and the sausage i cooked through (break the sausage apart as needed). Add the garlic, half of the diced scallion, dried thyme, and salt, pepper and crushed red pepper to taste and allow to simmer.
- When cauliflower in pot has boiled to an al-dente texture, drain and mash in pot. Add mashed cauliflower to the sausage/caluiflower mixture.
- Add the stock and simmer on medium low heat about 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and top with the other half of the diced scallions and enjoy.