In lieu of my healthy tip for the week, this week is healthy recipe Wednesday! In an effort to combine the vegan portabella mushroom burger, with a standard burger I have created the combo beef and portabella burger. After a few variations on this recipe I think I finally have it down. These burgers are just slightly more crumbly than a normal burger, but are incredibly moist and delicious. Would love to hear from those of you who try it, with any comments or suggestions.
Combo beef and portabella burger
- Prep Time: 10-15 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Makes: Approximately 6 burgers
- 1 lb organic grass fed ground beef
- 2 organic portabella mushroom caps
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 1teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- ½ teaspoon mayonnaise or olive oil or as much needed to help burgers stay together.
- ½ teaspoon soy sauce or soy aminos (optional)
- Salt and pepper to taste
Burger buns and toppings as desired.
1. Place mushroom caps, vinegar and olive oil or mayo in a food processor and process until mostly smooth.
2. Combine mushroom mixture with the rest of the ingredients (excluding buns and toppings).
3. Form mixture into burger patties
4. Cook on stove top over medium heat or on a grill until the meat juices rise to the surface of the burger, flip and cook approximately the same amount of time on the other side.
4. Dress burgers as desired. Serve and enjoy!